About Win A Pageant Podcast:
- #1 Pageant Podcast in iTunes
- Voted as New & Noteworthy via iTunes listeners
- Launched June 2015
- Over 27,000 downloads
- Our listeners are adult women (18-40’s), looking for detailed strategies on how they can win their pageant
- Hosted by Alycia Darby, Pageant Coach and former Miss California International
What makes a great Win A Pageant Interview?
- Stories – the more ‘real’ and personal the better!
- Authenticity – If you come off overly-polished, it could be seen as ‘fake;’ the more real and relatable you are, the more our audience will connect with you.
- Excellent audio – out of respect for our listeners, your audio must be excellent. Please have a headset with microphone, or consider getting this microphone for our interview.
- Silent background – be sure you’re in a quiet, uninterrupted space (no dogs, kids, or traffic noises in the background)
- It’s a good idea to listen to the podcast prior to your interview so you are familiar with our format, tone, and listeners
Prior to the interview, you will need:
- Google Chrome internet browser. Get it here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/inde…
- Gmail email account. Get one here: http://www.Gmail.com
- Headphones with a microphone: consider this microphone
Please email the following to [email protected]:
- Headshot – to use for marketing
- Bio/Intro – 2-5 sentences that you want me to read for your introduction
- Social Media and Web Links – to promote where others can find you
Day Of the Interview:
This is an video & audio interview
- You’ll receive an email to your gmail account with a weblink to join the video call online.
- We’ll have a few moments to chat before we record. I’ll let you know when I hit record.
- Afterward, we’ll have a few moments for me to share next steps.
- The interview itself may last 30 minutes, but please block 60 minutes in your calendar to account for technology problems, which I’ve found are very common.
- Introduction – I’ll share your bio then turn it over to you to fill in the blanks and provide a glimpse into your personal life and what you’re up to these days
- Questions: This will be relaxed and free-flowing, but we’ll include these questions:
- What was it like being in your first pageant?
- Who was your mentor/coach to help you during your pageant career?
- What do you think was the one thing that made you stand out from the other contestants?
- What do you think is the #1 key to success in pageantry?
It’s good to have specific stories to share as this is a great way to connect with our audience and be memorable.
- Connection: How to connect online with you further? This is where you can pitch your social media and website.
After the Interview
When your interview posts, I’ll send you all the links so you can be prepared to share it with your followers, sponsors, friends, and email list.
We are excited to grow our audience and encourage women in pageantry. We use the #WinAPageant, and would appreciate if you could tag me (@AlyciaDarby) in your posts, too! 🙂
I’m looking forward to learning more about your pageant experience and sharing some wonderful tips with our listeners!
Thank you for being a guest on the #1 iTunes Pageant Podcast – Win A Pageant!
Recording: By participating in the WinAPageant.com interview, you agree to allow Alycia Darby of WinAPageant.com to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast audio and video in any manner. You also agree to allow Alycia Darby of WinAPageant.com to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other public distribution.